2016年5月3日星期二

Introduce Myself

Date: 3rd May 2016
Day: Tuesday
Time: 3:00-4:00 pm
Class: Mangosteen
Theme: About Myself
Teacher: Ms Yeong

Introduce Myself

Hi! I'm Ms Yeong. I will be teaching the English thematic class for the 4 years old Mangosteen class for the next 2 months - May & June. Hopefully the children will enjoy my class and I could get feedback from parents too.

In order for the children to get used to the English language, I started off by getting them to shout out their name. Unfortunately, only one of them could do so. Most of the time, the children could shout out their friend's name and not their own name. They seem pretty shy doing so.

Therefore, I get them to sit in a circle. I wanted them to make use of the sentence structure - "I....". I got a ball in hand, I believe it's a good activity to start off with too. As I throw the ball, I say, " I throw." Then, when a child threw the ball back to me, I say,"I catch."

After a few demonstrations, some of the children manage to the meaning of it and started to use the phrase of "I throw." & "I catch."

Hopefully with more practice tomorrow, the children could get better with that sentence structure.

Parents are welcome to leave any comments or suggestions here.

没有评论:

发表评论